Monday, June 6, 2011

Dino-mite Tie T-Shirt


I made this fun tie t-shirt for my nephew. He is three and he's crazy about dinosaurs. His dad has to wear business attire for work so I thought it'd be fun for him to have his own pretend dressy shirt. I found the plain black t-shirt at Dollar Tree and I already had the fabric.

I ironed double-sided fusible web onto the back of the fabric scrap and traced around my son's clip-on tie. Then I cut that out and removed the paper backing. I centered the new tie on the black t-shirt and ironed it on. Then I cut a strip of fabric stabilizer and ironed that onto the inside of the shirt, directly behind the tie cut-out.
I used a straight stitch and sewed all the way around the tie and across the bottom of the triangle top of the tie. Then I tore off the paper fabric stabilizer from the inside of the shirt. So simple and so fun! I think I'll go whip out a bunch more of these cute t-shirts for my son's dino-loving buddies.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from people dropping by my blog!